|Window within a Window|
This will be the first of several posts showing the progress of the restoration. Watch for the next post showing the beginning of the outside painting project.
|Restoration began with a new roof.|
MEMBERS OF THE GOSHEN AREA COMMUNITY ARE RAISING MONEY TO RESTORE A LOCAL HISTORIC CHURCH
St. John’s Lutheran Church, located on the corner of C.R. 32 and C.R. 15, a short drive from either Goshen or Elkhart, was built in 1852 by German immigrants.
The church was placed in the National Register of Historic Places in 1994. When Lynn Miller, a local resident heard that a 150-year-old church in Goshen was at risk of being demolished, she stepped up and gathered support from her neighbors and friends to defend the historical structure.
This group of community members, with the support of local officials and the Elkhart County Historical Museum, have formed the Friends of St. John’s Lutheran Church Association.
* 100% of the donations will go to the restoration of the church.*
Make checks payable to Friends of St. John’s Lutheran Church Association.
If you want to read more, here is One of the articles in the local paper.