Saturday, January 28, 2012

SCAVENGER HUNT SUNDAY.....1-29-2012


Scavenger Hunt Sunday items: Smile, Stand Alone, Rusty or Something Old, Artificial and Repeating Pattern

1.  Smile - A visit to see one of my grandsons. He seems to always have a smile on his little face.

2.  Stand Alone - On my last day in Arizona, my husband and I hiked Pinnacle Peak and took a few photos on the way home. This is an old windmill "standing alone" in the desert.

3.  Rusty or Something Old - There are lots of "rusty" things in Arizona. I photographed this truck at Greasewood Flats, an old outdoor cowboy tavern. This is a sample of their landscaping. It's a cool place.

4.  Artificial - I have a bowl where I keep my fruit, but sometimes when I haven't had a chance to get to the store, I put my "artificial" lemons in the bowl for decoration. (This time the orange is real).
I used a texture from Kim Klassen Cafe.
kimklassencafe
5.  Repeating Pattern- One of my favorite pieces of pottery. Handmade by a local artist.
Check out some of the other entries:

26 comments:

Unknown said...

LOVE your stand alone and rusty truck! Great set!

Abby said...

Beautiful pictures!

Saun said...

Awesome set love your stand alone and rusty.

Andrea Dawn said...

I really like your repeating pattern and rusty shots.

Wendy said...

Great set of pictures. I would love the opportunity to photograph the landscaping in Greasewood flats!

Valeria said...

Great entry on rust and smile is just too cute.

Sara said...

Your Grandson's smile is adorable. Love your repeating pattern, looks fantastic in B&W!

Ebony said...

The composition and colors of your rusty old truck are fantastic!

Stasha said...

What treasures you found in AZ! Best of all your grandson's smile.

Bek said...

My favorite ones are the truck and the windmill. Awesome finds. I guess I need to put Arizona on my to-go list:)

Tamar SB said...

Oh wow, that truck and windmill are stunning and perfect fit for the prompts!

Brooke said...

How cool is that old truck?!? Live your take on artificial too.

Mary Gene Atwood said...

Nicely done! That smile is a heart breaker, and the rusty car is amazing. Love all the shots. Have a great week.

Deanna said...

What a cutie your grandson is, I can see why he brings you smiles. LOVE that old truck...the older the better!!

Ida said...

Great set:
Loved your Stand Alone and Rusty shots.
Your Smile is certainly adorable.
Good job with the Artificial,(I used fruit too) and I like the Repeating Pattern.

Lori said...

Love the rusty truck and windmill! Your grandson is handsome!

Gina Kleinworth said...

Cool old truck- you did a great job with the prompts this week

Brianne said...

I really like the repeating pattern.

Seizing My Day said...

love the old truck... what is it about old trucks that we all love so much... just like barns... who doesn't love an old barn! =)

Anonymous said...

Love the truck shot!

Kimberley said...

I love the repeating pattern shot, beautiful.

Kimberley

Ashley Sisk said...

Great set all the way through - but I'm absolutely loving your smile shot.

Anonymous said...

Great set of pictures. Love old and stand alone. Thanks.

Cole Hobbs said...

Love the rust shot :)

BF said...

That old car and windmill are fabulous! Great subjects and shots!

Serendipityissweet said...

Beautiful, beautiful set! Love that repeating pattern!!