Saturday, March 24, 2012

SCAVENGER HUNT SUNDAY.....3-25-2012

Wow....it's Sunday again. It is so much fun hunting for photos for this challenge each week. I hope you will consider joining the group with Ashley. Check out some of the other entries... This week the prompts are Whimsy, Create, Dust, Seed or Sprout, and Swing or Drop.

1.  Whimsy - A very whimsical, 10 foot tall metal dragon I spotted for sale outside a nearby shop. Now, to some he may look scary, but I thought he was quite whimsical.

2.  Create - my favorite thing to do...whether it's photography, decorating, crafts, etc. This is a photo of a necklace pendant I created with beads and wire. It was an idea that I put together for a Craft Club that I belong to. We all come up with ideas and bring them to our spring banquet, where we vote for the ones we want to make for the upcoming year.


3.  Dust - The little horse was running around his pen kicking up dust... I can't get enough of these little guys!! I could photograph them all day.


4.  Seed or Sprout - The sprouts on an Argentine Giant cactus. Soon they will be flowering...I'll make sure I take a photo.


5.  Swing or Drop - We were driving into the mountains
looking for photo opportunities and came across this man shoeing his horse.  I took this photo of him swinging his hammer.  By the look of the bandages on his fingers, it looks like maybe he dropped the hammer at some point??



27 comments:

SarahinSC said...

Ohhhh! Dust is so precious! Melts my heart!

Andrea Dawn said...

Great dust shot! I would love to see the cactus in bloom, too.

Holly said...

Oh my goodness...these are unbelievable! Love all of them, but especially create!

Stasha said...

Love the shot of the farrier! Your jewelry is beautiful Kay!

Kmcblackburn said...

That foal is totally something to spend your day shooting (with a camera OF COURSE!). So awkward and cute...love it!

tiarastantrums said...

my son and daughter would adore that dragon! LOVE the foal

Kim Stevens said...

Love the whimsy, great light and that little foal....sigh!

Serline said...

Your first two shots are great in Black and white.

Lea said...

Create is so pretty!
Have a blessed day!
Lea
Lea's Menagerie

Tamar SB said...

Love that whimsy and sprout!! Great finds this week, Kay!

Cheryl said...

Really great captures for this set. That little pony is adorable.

Jen said...

That cactus shot is awesome. I'll be adding cacti to my To Buy list.

Sherri B. said...

Such lovely photos! That little horse is so precious - what a fantastic capture. And your dragon shot is fantastic, too! Thanks so much for sharing.

Brooke said...

WOW - i love how dramatic your whimsy and sprout shots are. Great processing. And your trotting pony is just adorable.

Deborah Tisch said...

Whimsy and dust are my two favorites. This is a great set of images.

Mary Gene Atwood said...

Great set. Love that little horse, and your swing is wonderful. So creative. Have a great week.

Susan said...

Such great shots! Love the whimsy one and the dust one is too cute!

Gina Kleinworth said...

I love them all but GREAT find on the first one!

Nicki said...

Great finds for this week and perfect processing to make them really stand out. I am intrigued by your charm - very creative.

Shoni said...

Love the swing shot!

Anonymous said...

These are all phenomenal!! I love the little foal. They just capture your heart, don't they?!

Ashley Sisk said...

This is a wonderful collection - I really love whimsy.

mommy to many said...

love the sprout one! it's beautiful!

Unknown said...

Nice set! I love all of the action shots!! My fave is your dust photo. :)

Anonymous said...

Wonderful pictures. Dust is great. Swing is great shot is true to life on a ranch. Thanks

Seizing My Day said...

I am lovin the swing shot!! ;) and the dust shot is SO sweet!

Honey Mommy said...

Love your dust and swing or drop! Awesome pics!