I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving!!! We enjoyed time with family and will have more family time during the upcoming weeks. This week's Scavenger Hunt Sunday items: Waiting, Foliage, Candid, Knife Fork or Spoon, and Rule of Thirds.
1. Waiting - The ultimate example of "waiting" is the patient fisherman. I captured this one on Black Friday morning, escaping the hustle and bustle of shopping. In the shot, I also happened to catch the relaxing mermaid on the shoreline. The two of them seemed to go together.
2. Foliage - This is a tough time of year to find beautiful photos of foliage in Indiana. Most of the color is gone, so I found a shot of some rose leaves that were still on the stems, mixed in with the beautiful plumes from dried grasses that make such wonderful winter texture.
3. Candid - I caught a non-posed shot of two of my grandsons playing on the floor with some scraps of newspaper left over from an attempted Christmas photo session. What a challenge it was with a 9 month old... I have an ultimate respect for you professional photographers who regularly have little ones as your subjects.
4. Knife Fork or Spoon - This is an antique tarnished sterling silver tea infuser spoon that was handed down from my mother and probably from her mother. I'm sure it's very old. I added a few textures for interest.
5. Rule of Thirds - (Here is a good explanation)