Saturday, March 17, 2012

SCAVENGER HUNT SUNDAY.....3/18/12

Another fun week of photographing... This week's Scavenger Hunt Sunday items: Vintage, Word or Quote, Nature's Own, People and Photographer's Choice.  I'm back in Arizona for some sunshine shots...

1.  Vintage - We went to an art show and I came across this cute little gal. She looked adorable in her colorful little dress and handmade paper hat ...looking like she might belong in an old-time photograph. You are always told "Don't be afraid to ask someone to take their photograph". So I stepped out of my comfort zone and did... her mom said "sure". I got some cute shots.  I processed the photo using the vintage technique outlined on Ashley's Tutorial Tuesday and I also added an action: Once Upon a Time "Storybook Vintage".

2.  Word or Quote - I found this photo opportunity while out on a hike today.


 3.  Nature's Own - So many choices...Isn't Nature beautiful? Here is a spine on an agave...Nature's Own Defense for the plant.

4.  People - Another shot from the Art Festival we went to last weekend. I thought this lady was so interesting and looked so special all dressed up to go out to the festival.

5. Photographer's Choice - I had to use a photo that I took a few weeks ago, of my 1 year old grandson. He is ready for baseball season...mark my words, this kid is going to be a little athlete. Processed with Coffee House Macchiato action.


22 comments:

Unknown said...

All such beautiful photos. Love that first one the most!

Yvonne said...

Love your shot for Nature's Own :) So fabulous!

Stasha said...

Beautiful processing on the vintage. Your Quote is adorable and natures own is beautiful. But your grandson is stealing the show for me.

Unknown said...

Such a great set.. That vintage shot is wonderful..

Andrea Dawn said...

All such interesting shots, but your grandbaby wins it for me, hands down. What a charmer!

Unknown said...

Great set! I love the first and last shots!!!

Kim Stevens said...

Oh I love your vintage shot, just darn cute as is your grandson.

Tamar SB said...

I love your quote shot! And the people picture is such a great snapshot of a moment in time! Great finds this week!

Brooke said...

What a fantastic nature shot! The detail is fantastic. And your darling grandson with the baseball is adorable.

Lori @ Photograph Life said...

LOVE all of these, but your grandson with the baseball, absolutely should be hung on the wall!

Leslie Taylor said...

All of these are beautiful!!! The words are really cool!

Mary Gene Atwood said...

Lovely shots this week. Especially fond of vintage, and people. Nicely done.

Ashley Sisk said...

Love your vintage processing - how beautiful!

Shannon said...

Love the vintage shot and last one!

Gina Kleinworth said...

Awww- that last one is darling.

Kmcblackburn said...

I am totally lovin' that "quote" you found. Makes me wonder who wrote it and the story behind it.

Anonymous said...

Wow your vintage photo is stunning - what a great treatment that you did to it.

Valeria said...

Lov your nature. Great dof

Wendy said...

Oh my goodness...your grandson is so adorable...oh and that picture is gorgeous!
Love the little girl in the first picture as well!
Another great week of awesome pictures!

Ashley n Jason said...

I love the depth in Natures Own and such a cute photo of the boy! I will definitely be coming back to see your photos :)

Nicki said...

Excellent set. Love your vintage shot.

Sara said...

Great set, I love your "nature" the bokeh and tones are so wonderful!