Saturday, May 26, 2012

SCAVENGER HUNT SUNDAY.....5-27-2012

Happy Memorial Day weekend!  One of my favorite places in the world is Lake Michigan. It has always been a special place for me, growing up just a half mile away. So this week I had an opportunity to visit the lake again and take some photos.

The Scavenger Hunt Sunday items are: Beneath Your Feet, Capturing Movement, Texture, Face Your Fears and Currently

Beneath Your Feet - A day spent with some friends, making a stop at Lake Michigan. Beneath your feet are footprints, rocks, sand and water.

Capturing Movement - Another shot from our time at the beach.

Texture - Wood and sand....two great textures.

Face Your Fears - We went to our nephew's wedding last night and I caught a shot of my brother's grandson, who was waving goodbye to Mommy as his grandpa was carrying him off. Now some little guys might have been "facing their fears" of leaving Mommy, but not this one...Papa just might be his favorite person.

Currently - When I took this photograph it was currently where I wanted to be at that moment. And there didn't seem to be any current in the lake at that time.



12 comments:

Holly said...

Oh my gosh...your movement picture is so stunning! I love it!! I always love to see what you're going to share each week. Such beautiful pictures!

Patrice said...

I love beach pictures and I agree your movement shot is fabulous!

Tamar SB said...

These are just stunning, Kay!

Nicki said...

Beautiful lake shots - and oh boy, who hasn't experienced the natural fear (even if brief) a child has when parted from their parent.

Mary Gene Atwood said...

Texture and currently make me want to go to the beach. Lovely set. Have a great week.

Mary Gene Atwood said...

Texture and currently make me want to go to the beach. Lovely set. Have a great week.

Unknown said...

I love Lake Michigan too - it's always where I want to "currently" be.......

Michelle said...

Lovely beach side shots. The shot of the seagull is fantastic.

Ashley Sisk said...

What a great set - I really love your movement shot.

Yolanda Ronaldo said...

I am loving them all!

Would love if you would come and participate in Observing Beauty, a weekly photo challenge. This weeks challenge is "Water".

http://chickensonthemoon.blogspot.com/2012/05/observing-beauty-water.html

Unknown said...

Love, love, love your photos. My favorite place to visit is Lake Erie and these photos make me think of my trips up there.

Bek said...

Aww, what a sweat fear shot. I bet mom had more fear than the little one;)