Saturday, May 5, 2012

SCAVENGER HUNT SUNDAY.....5-6-2012

It's time for the Scavenger Hunt Sunday again.... I love the challenge each week because it is such a great way to improve my photography skills. I've been shooting mostly in Aperture Priority or Shutter Priority, but I have made the decision to take most of my photos totally on the Manual setting. That will force me to really think about each shot (if time allows). Sometimes you have to go with what will get you the shot, but so far it's been good. I end up deleting more photos, but I'm learning from the mistakes.The Scavenger Hunt Sunday items this week are: Shadow, Keys, Smile, Unedited (SOOC) and Fish.

Shadow - I love shadows....so it was hard to only take one photo. This is the shadow made by my chat-table frame on the patio. I purposely lowered the contrast because I liked the softness it brought out.

Keys - There are old typewriter keys and then there are just keys. They both make nice photo subjects.

Smile - I'm using 2 photos for this one... first, one that I took last night while visiting some great friends...It's their new puppy!!! I know he is smiling because he was rescued from the Humane Shelter into a loving home and our friends are smiling about the wonderful new member to their family.
 And I would be remiss if I didn't also use a photo of one of my grandson's with his beautiful contagious smile. The innocence that comes with being four...

Unedited (SOOC) - One morning this week the sunrise was just beautiful, so I took this shot from my bedroom balcony. I see the horizon is a little tilted, but you asked for SOOC (straight out of camera), so that is what you get.

Fish - I was hoping to find something more creative, and I did photograph a fish swimming under the dock yesterday, but it just wasn't anything special. So, I set up this shot using one of my pencil starfish sitting on the rocks along the shore. I love the contrast of the white starfish against the dark rocks.
Thanks for stopping by... Check out some of the other photos in the "Hunt" this week...

11 comments:

Unknown said...

LOVE LOVE your keys and fish prompts!!!! Great set!

Tamar SB said...

That shadow is amazing! And your SOOC is amazing!

Mary Gene Atwood said...

Nicely done this week. Your grandson is a dool, smile makes me smile, and your socc if fab!

Nicki said...

Your grandson's smile is infectious - awe! Dreamy sooc shot from your balcony and those keys - oh my!

Gunsside said...

Beutiful SOOC shot, lovely colors ;)

Andrea Dawn said...

Your fish shot is my favourite but I really like your SOOC shot too.

Bek said...

Keys are wonderful but all your pics are great!!

Brooke said...

Your shadow shot - AMAZING!!!! I love your creative eye :D

Honey Mommy said...

What a great set! I love the keys, and your SOOC is awesome! I think your fish photo is lovely.

I love your shadow shot. It looks cool.

Stasha said...

What a beautiful set. Both smiles made me melt!

Ashley Sisk said...

Beautiful set - I'm loving your keys and SOOC shot.