Saturday, September 24, 2011

SCAVENGER HUNT SUNDAY.....9-25-2011

1. Low Key
It was hard to choose which low key photo to use, so I narrowed it down to two. I love this prompt because it pushed me to learn about Low Key Photography. My 7 month old grandson came up from Indianapolis this week and we took a trip to visit his great-grandma and great aunt. They have a dog who was fascinated with the baby, so I had to catch them on camera.
 
This second photo is of a spider web adorned with the morning dew or fog. It caught my eye because it looked like beads hanging from the strings.

2. Monochromatic/Analogous Color
We went on a road trip Friday, looking for some good photo opportunities, exploring some small towns in Michigan.  And since it's that time to year to visit the pumpkin patch, we ended up at the Farmer's Market.

3. Circle
I tried to follow the suggestion for a self-portrait for this one, but I liked this photo better. The antique wheel, with its broken spoke, was hanging on the side of an old building and it caught my eye. The shot as was taken in Saugatuck, Michigan.

4. Scarf
I spotted this interesting arrangement in the window of a shop in South Haven, Michigan. The scarf was part of a Halloween display for the small boutique.

5. Phone
I had to get in one more shot of my grandson this week. He was demonstrating that phones are useful for more than just talking.

Ok, one more low key shot....

13 comments:

Tamar SB said...

These are all stunning! Love the color and circle shot - so vivid and vibrant!

Ashley Sisk said...

Nicely done - I'm really liking your second shot. Well done.

Valeria said...

Nice second image on low key.

Saun said...

Awesome,love the second shot.

Gina Kleinworth said...

Love your circle- so calming.

Amy H said...

I love your square crops! Beautiful circle shot.

I'm having a before/after editing link up tomorrow (Monday) and I'd love it if you'd join me!

Kmcblackburn said...

Haha...love your phone capture. Makes me smile :)

Kathy

Brooke said...

What an amazing spider web shot ;D Also love cirlce.

Unknown said...

ohh, beautiful photos! Love the spider web. and your grandson is a doll!
xo
lynn

Unknown said...

Oh my word. Your dog is adorable. SO sweet. And of course, the baby is adorable too : ) Very sweet pictures. That spider web is off the hook fantastic!

gotmycamera.wordpress.com said...

Beautiful set of photos, in particular i love the spider web.

Gotmycamera.wordpress.com

Lauren said...

Yay pumpkins!

Christine E-E said...

found your blog via Ramblings & Photos... love your photos! I think I'll join the fun for the first time this week... the reflections in the tuba(s) reminds me of high school parades & football games... ah! Fall!