Thursday, December 22, 2011

Trip to the Indianapolis Children's Museum

At this wonderful time of Christmas, we treasure every moment with our loved ones. A couple weeks ago, I had the pleasure of spending a day at the Indianapolis Children's Museum with 3 of my grandsons (almost 4 year old twins, and 10 month old), my daughter and daughter-in-law. We had a very special day, and I wanted to share some of the photos...

 The Barbie Exhibit - We didn't go inside, the boys weren't interested. But I snapped a photo of the entrance.

The twins in the Indi Racing car...

 One of their favorite exhibits...the Carousel.

 

Fireworks of Glass is the largest permanent sculpture of blown glass by renowned artist Dale Chihuly. The 43-foot-tall tower rises above a glass ceiling. What beautiful colors...amazing.


The 26.5 foot tall Water Clock - The geometry and colors caught my eye.


Then into the Dino-sphere...filled with lots of dinosaurs and fun adventures.
Digging for dinosaur bones...
Yes, the boys even dressed up in baby dinosaur costumes...

 The Raptors...

Going down the slide holding hands...It's great to have a brother to share in the fun.

Even my littlest grandson had lots of fun...
 



A shot of a cool light fixture...
Fun with Aunt Meme...


 National Geographic Treasures of the Earth Exhibit
 You can dig for artifacts... or put the pieces together.


Skating in our socks...


The trains... I find shadows intriguing to photograph.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Boy those twins sure are cute!