Friday, March 9, 2012

Beyond Layers {Day 16 ~ 'Just a Whisper'}

In the Beyond Layers, a year of art full inspiration course, Day 16's theme is  ~ 'Just a Whisper'. This is a photo I took this week while we were visiting Las Vegas. Amidst the glitz and the lights, I concentrated on finding opportunities to photograph the little items of beauty, like this staircase. I love architecture and pattern, so this caught my eye...and seemed to whisper to me.
I added a 50% gray Smart Filter layer with a Lens Flare, added two levels adjustment layers, used 2 of Kim Klassen's textures - Flourish (screen blending mode, 41% opacity)  & the Veil (soft light blending mode, 24% opacity).
beyondlayers

1 comment:

Linda Kittmer said...

I love the shapes in this photo. That gently curving staircase is wonderful. Beautifully done Kay.